Adding Smart Banners To Your Website To Promote Downloads
What's The Point?
The most important part of promoting a mobile app is transitioning your users from your website to downloading your app. One of the easiest ways to do this is by adding a graphic to your website's home page, which upon being clicked will take the user to the app store download page.
But what if we want our download link to be smarter?
Enter Smart Banners. By including a couple of lines of HTML code into your website, users can see a graphic like the below that will show your app, along with a direct download link if it is not installed on their phone yet. If it is installed, there will be an opportunity for them to view your app (which will open it when they click the button).
Setting Up Smart Banners
You will need to cater to both iOS and Android users. Both have detailed instructions, which are outlined below:
- Insert the following as a meta tag at the top of your site's home screen:
- <meta name="apple-itunes-app" content="app-id=myAppStoreID”>
- Under "myAppStoreID", we'll need to insert the App Store ID of your app. To find your ID:
- Log into your Gallus Golf Admin Dashboard.
- Click Promote App.
- On the ensuing page, find the Apple App Store section. In the link below, you'll notice a string of numbers, which is your App Store ID
- For this example, the meta tag used would be <meta name="apple-itunes-app" content="app-id=1446474893”>
- Continue adding the meta tag outlined in Step III on every page of your website. Once finished, navigating on Safari or Chrome on an iOS device should display the Smart Banner for your mobile app.
There are no simple and free ways to create a Smart Banner for Android devices, as Google has not created a solution. There are a number of companies that offer services to create Android smart banners, but most cost money. Here are some options:
- Branch (Paid)
- Kudago (Free)
How To Promote Your App
What's The Point? Without proper promotion, no users will likely find your app in the app stores. Over the years, we at Gallus Golf have discovered some tips and tricks to get the word out about your mobile app. It's NEVER too late to start ...
How App Promotion Works
Before You Begin Make sure your app has been properly set up and you are 100% ready to start rolling it out to your customers. Here are some items we recommend checking: Is the Home Screen set up properly? Do you have at least one Offer Locker ...
How The Analytics Pane Works
What's The Point? The ultimate measure of any product's success is how many people are using it. Your app is no different, so we at Gallus have created a simple view for you to measure some important KPI's (Key Performance Indicators). Accessing The ...
How Online Registration Works
Before You Begin Make sure you have a general understanding of the Gallus Tournament Software by viewing our Tournament Software Basics article. Tutorial Video Enabling Online Registration After an event is created, online registration will need to ...
Adding Items To onTap Menus
Before You Begin Make sure you have an adequate understanding of onTap by reading our How Gallus onTap Works article. What's The Point? To place an order from a menu, users need items to choose from! Read on to discover all of the options available ...