Adding A Skins Leaderboard In Any Event
Before You Begin
What's The Point?
Tournament or league admins often want to create a Skins leaderboard to have either a side or main competition within an Event. The Gallus Events software allows for Skins leaderboards to be added to any tournament or league, either for the entire field or a subset of players that have been added to a Flight
What Are Skins?
Skins is a scoring format in golf that consists of players or teams competing to "win the hole" by having the best score. The player or team must win the hole outright in order to receive the Skin. If no one wins the hole outright, the Skin is added to the next hole (i.e., if no one wins hole 1, hole 2 is potentially worth 2 Skins).
- By Hole
- Each hole is listed as a line item. If a player or team wins, their name appears next to the applicable hole.
- By Player or Team
- Each player or team is listed as a line item with the number of Skins they earned per round.
Steps To Complete
- Create a tournament or league (click for instructions).
- If you aren't within the event yet, click on Events in your Gallus Admin Dashboard and select the event you'd like to edit.
- On the Event checklist page, click Leaderboards.
- On the ensuing page, click Add Leaderboard. A field appears below with a default new leaderboard selection. Click on the title to display all of your options.
- Select a Skins leaderboard and click Add.
- This list will automatically update based on the format of the event you've chosen.
- DONE! The leaderboard will now appear as a page within the event's leaderboards link. Continue adding if there are multiple versions of the Skins leaderboard, or create a flight to add an option for a subset of players within the event.
Creating A Skins Flight
If you'd like to create a Skins Flight, follow the steps below:
- Create a flight by following the instructions in our How Flights Work article.
- Follow the steps outlined above, selecting the leaderboard option associated with the already-created Skins Flight in step 5.
How Tournament Leaderboards Work
Before You Begin Make sure to have an adequate understanding of the Gallus Tournament Software by reading our Tournament Software Basics article. What's The Point? Live tournaments are all about the leaderboards that users can view throughout the ...
How Tournament Flights Work
Before You Begin Make sure to have an adequate understanding of the Gallus Tournament Software by reading our Tournament Software Basics article. What's The Point? When running a tournament or competition within the Gallus Tournament Software, a ...
How Tournament Cuts Work
Before You Begin Make sure to have an adequate understanding of the Gallus Tournament Software by reading our Tournament Software Basics article. What's The Point? Multi-round competitions often require a cut to be made based off overall score. The ...
Creating A New Event In The Gallus Tournament Software
Before You Begin Make sure you have an adequate understanding of the Gallus Tournament Software by reading our Tournament Software Basics article. What's The Point? In order to run an event in the Gallus Tournament Software, its framework must first ...
How Leaderboards Work
This article will outline how the Gallus Golf Leaderboards section works. PLEASE NOTE: This article is for the Leaderboards section of a Gallus Golf App. If you are looking for the Tournament Software, please navigate to our Tournament Software ...